These Lemon Poppy Seed Protein Balls have been a huge hit!! They are the perfect summery treat and an easy go-to for those busy days, or when you need a little pick me up!
* Makes 20
• 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
• 1/4 cup honey
• zest from 1 lemon
• juice from 1/2 a large lemon*
• pinch of sea salt
• 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
• 1 1/2 cups almond flour
• 1/2 cup coconut flour
• heaping 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
• 1 tbsp poppy seeds
* use 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice, depending on how much of a lemon flavour you like
1. In a large bowl whisk together coconut oil and honey until smooth.
2. Add in lemon zest and lemon juice, stir until combined.
3. Add in almond flour, sea salt, coconut flour, shredded coconut, poppy seeds and protein powder, stir until combined.
4. Form dough into balls (about the size of a golf ball). Place in the fridge for an hour to set, or for up to two weeks.