It's that time of year again.... back to school!! These Blueberry Zucchini Muffins make for a quick and easy breakfast or after school snack! Having a hard time getting veggies into your little ones, your teens or maybe even yourself!? These muffins are packed with zucchini but I promise you'll never even know it's there! These muffins also freeze well.
** To makes these school friendly (nut free) use a nut butter alternative such as sunflower seed butter.
1 cup grated zucchini
1 cup creamy almond butter*
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup**
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 taspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
* Use sunflower seed butter for nut free version
** Increase to 1/3 cup if you want these a little sweeter
1. Preheat your oven to 300ºF and line a 12-hole muffin tin.
2. Wrap the grated zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much of the liquid as you can. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine almond butter, honey or maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda and apple cider vinegar. Mix with a spoon.
4. Add just 1 cup blueberries and the grated zucchini. Fold in until everything is well incorporated.
5. Portion out the batter between the 12 prepared muffin holes and top with the remaining 1/4 cup blueberries.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean
7. Allow for muffins to cool for 10 minutes before enjoying!