I’ve had a serious craving for chocolate chip cookies for WEEKS now! I was wanting something a little different, a classic chocolate chip cookie with a spin... welcome my Chocolate Chip Pistachio Cookies. These cookies are paleo, gluten free, dairy free, and are absolutely delicious.
Makes 18-20 cookies
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup Lakanto golden sweetener, or coconut sugar
1/2 cup ghee, butter or coconut oil
2 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
1/2 cup chocolate chips, dairy free
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a food processor, combine eggs, Lakanto golden sweetener, ghee and vanilla until smooth.
3. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking powder.
4. Fold in wet mixture into dry ingredients until well combined.
5. Fold in chocolate chips until well combined. Careful not to over mix, we want the cookies to be soft and fluffy!
6. Roll into cookies and place on parchment paper. Cookies will spread to be sure to leave 1 1/2 between each cookie. Then top with pistachios and extra chocolate chips.
8. Bake for 13 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Let cool for 10 minutes and indulge!