This easy-peasy chicken recipe is my go to when time in the kitchen is limited. It as minimal prep, mess free, it's packed with flavour and one pan is all you need! Make this One-Pan Chicken Fajita recipe for your family dinner or for a quick meal prep. Makes for great leftovers over a bed of lettuce or cauliflower rice. Top with salsa and avocado- my fav!
Fajita Spice mix:
2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground coriander seed
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
4 skinless boneless chicken breast, sliced into 1/2 inch thick strips
1 medium onion, 4 skinless boneless chicken breast, sliced into 1/2 inch thin strips
1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
1 green pepper, sliced into thin strips
1 yellow pepper, sliced into thin strips
2 tbs avocado oil
1. In a small mixing bowl mix together fajita spice mix, set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper (for easy clean up!)
3. Spread onions and peppers evenly onto baking sheet.
4. Top with chicken strips and sprinkle the fajita seasoning all over.
5. Drizzle avocado oil all over and toss everything to coat. Spread into an even layer and avoid too much overlapping.
6. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and veggies are tender.
7. Remove from oven, and serve over whatever you cauliflower rice, cassava tortillas or over a bed of lettuce.
8. Finally, top with your favourites such as avocado, cilantro, lime, salsa or hot sauce!