It’s rare that I pass up a plate of nachos with tortilla chips, but afterwards, I never feel my best. That’s why I created Bell Pepper Nachos.
This recipe can be flexible for any dietary needs; add whatever toppings you wish.. use ground turkey instead of beef.. load it up with cheese… make it your own!! Tag @kyliejurchuk on Instagram and @kyliejurchuknutrition on Facebook so I can see your creations 💗
1 lb ground beef
10-15 mini bell peppers, halved and seeded ** OR ** if using large bell peppers, cut 3 whole peppers into chip sized pieces
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 cup salsa of choice
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
* Add your favourite nacho toppings: shredded cheese, olives, pico de gallo, fresh salsa, sour cream, jalapenos
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay out bell peppers on a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. In a pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to get translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Careful not to over cook the beef, it will be dry! While the ground beef is cooking, place the sheet pan with bell pepper halves in the oven for 5 minutes.
4. When cooked, sprinkle ground beef with the chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
5. Take peppers out of the oven and cover with meat mixture. Add the optional cheese on top and any other toppings you want heated.
6. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, & ENJOY!