This Breakfast Egg Cups recipe is the perfect breakfast on-the-go. Make them ahead of time, refrigerate or freeze them. They're easy to make & perfect for reheating throughout the week!
Make your own healthy breakfast egg muffin cups with whatever veggies you have in your fridge.
My favourite is mixing sun dried tomatoes, goat cheese and spinach or mixing leeks, red pepper and mushrooms!
Makes 12 egg cups
12 eggs, whisked
Pick 2-3 of the following:
1/2 cup chopped spinach (any greens; arugula, kale, etc)
1/2 cup chopped red peppers
1/2 cup chopped leeks
1/2 cup chopped zucchini
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
4-6 sun-dried tomatoes
1-2 tbs goats cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or use a silicon mold.
2. Pick 2-3 ingredients and divide them evenly into 12 muffin cups.
3. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, salt and pepper until well combined.
4. Fill each muffin about 3/4 way full with egg mixture, pouring over the veggies already in each tin.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until eggs are set and puff up in the tin. Let muffins cool for a few minutes, then run a butter knife around the edges of each cup and remove.
* Serves 6 (2 egg cups each)