There's really nothing better than lemonade on a hot summer day! Here's one with a little upgrade- fresh mint and turmeric!
Curcumin in the main component found in turmeric that responsible for the medicinal benefits and properties. Turmeric and curcumin have been studied for their link in improving IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease), Crohn’s disease, immune health, rheumatoid arthritis, cystic fibrosis, cancer prevention.
Turmeric has powerful medicinal properties due to its:
- high amounts of nutrients
- anti-inflammatory compounds
- phytonutrients that have been studied in depth especially for cancer prevention
Juice from entire lemon (approximately 1/4 cup)
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
Fresh mint leaves
Lemon slices (for garnish)
*Optional* Sweeten to desired taste using honey or stevia
1. Place all ingredients into pitcher or large mason jar and mix well.
2. Top with ice cubes to keep chilled